A CMS allows you to update content on your website when you need to – as often as you like. The content that you can change includes text and photographs, which are changed through a console or control panel in your web browser.
Some of the benefits of a CMS
- Search engines love sites that have fresh new content.
- As your business evolves, you can update your website to reflect the changes.
- CMS websites grow with you – they are scalable and additional pages can be added quickly and easily.
- You don't need to know anything about html or other code – though a basic understanding of the web is useful.
- You can give different levels of access to the CMS, ie site owner, blog writer, newsletters.
- You have control over your website.
- You can update your website from anywhere that you have an internet access.
So, do you need a CMS website?
If you would like to change your website content yourself then it is worth considering. If you want to have a 'blog', have a portfolio or gallery or want to sell a range of products, then a CMS website is a great option.
The most important question is "Do you have sufficient time to be able to manage your website content yourself (or is there someone in your company that will have the time)?"
In our opinion, the Squarespace online CMS is the easiest to use content management system available.
If you would like to discuss your website requirements and whether you need a CMS, please contact us.